AFW 20C: Appreciative Inquiry & SOAR Workshop (AI-SOAR) 9 October 2017
Monday, October 9, 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Download The Workshop Brochure
Recognising success and positive reinforcement is powerful and can motivate one to greater success.
Appreciative InquiryTM (AITM) is an art and practice of asking unconditional positive questions to discover the best in people, organisations and the world around them. By being appreciative of and analysing how to do more of what works, this heightens one’s potential. This positive energy can also increase willingness and pace of mobilising changes, including those considered impossible.
SOARTM (Strengths-Opportunities-Aspirations-ResultsTM) is a strategic thinking and dialogue framework that complements AITM. By engaging relevant stakeholders in analysing strengths and opportunities, it facilitates creation of shared goals, aspirations and strategies and drives commitment towards achieving it.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Group process facilitators seeking to advance their facilitation practice
- Completed SPOT on FacilitationTM workshop OR
- Have at least one year of process facilitation experience
Conducted at least one process facilitation event which must include
- Determining requirements
- Design session
- Deliver session
- Familiarity with core practices and tools used in process facilitation
HOW CAN THIS WORKSHOP BENEFIT ME?
- Build your readiness, comfort and competence to adapt to dynamic emergent process
- Learn how to help individuals mobilise change agenda
- Provide support to organisations in strategic formulation, planning and implementation
- 1 day (7 hours/day excluding breaks)
- 9am to 5pm
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Apply Appreciative InquiryTM (AITM) 5-D cycle (Define, Discover, Dream, Design & Deliver) to facilitate change
- Justify how AITM can help you engage positive change core to discover the best in people, organisations and your environment
- Demonstrate AITM process
- Use SOARTM for strategic planning
WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
AM –Appreciative InquiryTM (AITM)
- Principles and assumptions of AITM
- Problem solving Vs AITM
- AITM interview – 4 foundational questions
- AITM 5-D cycle – Define, Discover, Dream, Design, Destiny
- How to design AITM Summit with feedback
- Debrief & possible applications of AITM
PM – SOARTM (Strengths – Opportunities – Aspiration – ResultsTM)
- SWOT Vs SOARTM approaches to strategic planning
- Sample SOARTM agenda
- How to do SOARTM using 5-I approach
- Demonstration & debrief of SOARTM
- SOARTM practice
- Debrief and possible applications of SOARTM
Participants will receive:-
- The Thin Book of Appreciative InquiryTM by Sue Annis Hammond
- The Thin Book of SOARTM Building Strengths-Based Strategy by Jacqueline M. Stavros and Gina Hinrichs
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We require 100% attendance and commitment from you due to the subject matter and methodology. We are unable to accept ‘time-away’ requests as this will disrupt the learning process for you and others.
WHAT MAKES US EFFECTIVE?
- Experimental learning
- Opportunities to practice
- Extensive feedback by peers and experienced workshop coaches
The event details are as follows:
Date:Monday, October 9, 2017
Time:9:00 am – 5:00 pm**
Venue: FNS Centre@OBH2, 62 Ubi Road 1, #07-26 Oxley BizHub 2, Singapore 408734.
Please click for Location Map and Parking charges at Oxley BizHub 2
Group Process Facilitation is a rapidly expanding worldwide profession that plays a vital role in the workings of business, government and communities across the globe. There is a growing demand for people who can help groups build consensus, maximize participation and move toward action.
REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Upon registration, the full workshop fee is payable regardless of attendance because of our financial pre-commitment for the workshop facilitator(s), workshop materials and seminar package. We welcome replacement.
- A cancellation fee of SGD300 will apply for postponement, cancellation or withdrawal by the participant.
- After commencement, we are unable to refund any part of the workshop not utilised.
- FNS reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event due to unforeseen circumstances. Fees paid will be fully refunded in the event of course cancellation by FNS.
For overseas registrants
- If you are paying by Bank Draft or TT, please add S$30 for bank charges in Singapore.
- You may also pay online by paypal – email us to send you the link
- If you have any queries, please call on 98333515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For local registrants
Payment modes include
Please make cheque payable to: “Facilitators Network Singapore Pte Ltd” and mail it to:
Facilitators Network Singapore Pte Ltd
62 Ubi Road 1, #07-26 Oxley BizHub 2, Singapore 408734.
To pay online via Paypal, email email@example.com for us to send you the request for payment.
Bank Telegraphic Transfers
For payment by Telegraphic Transfers, please add SGD30 for bank charges in Singapore and indicate the Invoice Number. All bank transfer charges are to be borne by the remitting party.
Beneficiary Bank’s Details
DBS Bank, 12 Marine Boulevard, Lvl 3
Marina Bay Financial Ctr Tower 3
SWIFT Code: DBSSSGSG
DBS Account Number: 7171-023-901294-9
DBS Account Name: Facilitators Network Singapore Pte Ltd
*FNS is GST rated. Please add GST to the fee listed.
Online registrations are closed for this event.